Tuesday, March 22, 2011

What I learned in Technopreneurship 1 ?



One semester seems so very short time to teach about Technopreneurship 1 but for me as a student who had experienced it; I could definitely conclude that I learned a lot. At the first place I thought that this subject matter would be very boring especially for me who has no great interest in terms of businesses matters. It was never turn on my imagination to learn about techno-businesses because my main focus is just to learn about information technology regardless of such called technology related businesses. Suddenly, as time goes by, It just turn out imagining myself to be a business owner someday. Not mandated by someone to do something rather to be that someone whose task is to make commands. After the one semester of studying about Technopreneurship 1, I can’t stop thinking how will I be after graduation; will I be an employee or employer? Here are some of the things learned.

After the last topic of Technopreneurship 1, I have learned what Technopreneurship is all about, its importance, its contents and the difference between plain entrepreneurship and Technopreneurship; I leaned that Technopreneurship itself study the nature of having a business with partnership of innovation of technology. I also learned that having a techno-business was never that easy, you should be ready personally to face the trials, consequences and circumstances that might come into your life while holding or developing the business. I am now knowledgeable that knowing yourself in business or how suit you are of having a business will surely relate to your human state measurement in terms of IQ, EQ, AQ and Personality Traits. In order to know what stage I will be belong to, I had examinations taken and right after the exam is my results on such examination.


First is the Adversity Quotient, this test is talks about how you handle things right and how you manage or deal with problems in life. My result is just average, it only implies that I can do handle the problems but somehow it would not be easy for me which I can say that it was true. Because in some instances I can easily be confused and panic that sometimes causes wrong decision for me when in terms of decision making. I erudite that I should manage coolness because it could definitely help me think of proper solutions wherein I could not feel of regressions after. The second one is the Intelligence Quotient. That test that I had taken is all about the personal measure of intelligence, it is process of taking test that can make you knew your level of knowledge. Mine result is just average, it was not really that high as high of the level of genius people. From that, I learned that it is not oblige to have a high IQ to have a business successful. Third, the Emotional Quotient Test. That test was focuses in terms of emotional hardships of personality. My result was low; I maybe so conclude on it that I have emotional difficulties. I may think that it would be hard for me to handle things when emotional is affected. Lastly, the personality traits test, it talks about the totality of somebody’s attitude, interests, and behavior. My result is just equal, it stated there that I can manage individual differences - I can jive on it. All in all, I learned that I should be aware these things to know myself more and to distinguish aspects of me that I can apply on my techno-business thinking.

I can’t forget the first topic we have in Technopreneurship 1 – the connecting the dots. It seems that it appeared to me so hard for I don’t have background or idea how to connect the dots with only five strokes. What make it harder are when our instructor said that no scratch papers are allowed and no lifting of pens. Imagine? You need to do it without initializations of how to make it and take note with a time limit that made me confuse even more. But believe it or not, it just spurs of the moment I made it. Well in fact I had learning from it, I came to know that in learning there are no limitations; all of us must think positively and across the line. We must not limit our self to learn and set it with no boundaries. And also I came to realize that following a simple instruction makes a work successfully done. Whatever instruction it is – simple or complex. It would be easy when you FOLLOW INSTRUCTIONS CAREFULLY. These most common words that we meet halfway almost in our schooldays marks every inch of our lives, though it is simple but do have a countless impact in our separate lives.

I seen the real techno-business world when once we had a movie marathon, the title of the movie is Pirates of the Silicon Valley; its kind ‘an old one and maybe appeared to others as part of the history. But what they don’t know that it is a kind of movie not only appeared amazing to the viewer but rather it also gave the impression of strong inventiveness and motivation to us as a student of the university. Especially now that we almost there, at the peak part of the schooling process; It made me think and made me bring to fruition the realization that we do have chances to make difference. And to make things not in the usual manner and make visualizations of the new discoveries of our lives and yet we don’t know we can have in the near future. I come to know that even in a small things or idea; we can make a difference or new discoveries. Like what Steve Jobs and Bill Gates done, they made changes to the world that makes the world go round even until now. I bring into being that we must think, think and think deeply, be idealistic, open-minded to discover new things that might bring into reality. Because of the movie I’ve seen, I came to realize that everything has a purpose.

What I like the most in Technopreneurship 1 topics is the one where I made reflections all about the commencement address of Steve Jobs. After reading the Commencement Address of Steve Jobs on his speech delivered way back June 12, 2005. I was so touch though I’m not listening on act to where he said all of it but the essence of all the words of wisdom he stated there makes me feel that I’m present and unswervingly listening to him too. I learned that in every failure we have there is always a room for recovery. We should not undervalue whatever we have, even where we have been or what status we have in life. Because once you start fail to appreciate what you have, you’ll just making a way to make others think that you’re NOTHING. Secondly, we should not stop believe in ourselves. And lastly, make each day important. Everyone is triggered when we hear the most common saying of “If you live each day as if it was your last, someday you’ll most certainly be right.” What about you??? What will you do when you know that this would be your last day on earth?? Are you going to seat all day or do things that would make others happy because you were there or simply do nothing?? The life we have is just a borrowed life, we have borrowed time, and we live in a limited time. All of us will die, not necessarily at the same time but on our individual time. I learned that we must live each day as our last day, make each day useful to fulfill things, make each day remarkable, inspirable and memorable not just to you but perhaps to others too. Make everyone happy because there were once you in their life. For you will never know, no one can predict how long will you be on this earth. You will never know how will you die, if might be you’ll die because of accident, because of disease or maybe be just because of fate. If dying can never be healed or avoided by any other medicine, then try to live life truly and inspired, never be afraid of dying instead be ready to face it. As taken from the words of wisdom of Steve Jobs, he emphasizes that "we should not waste time, don’t be trapped by dogma – which is living with the results of other people’s thinking, don’t let the noise of others’ opinions drown out your own inner voice and most important, have the courage to follow your heart and intuition."

I also learned in Technopreneurship 1 the LIKE, LOVE AND HATE aspects. These three words would have a great application of having a techno related business. I learned theLIKE term, it will made you think of the things that you like the most – from small to big things. The same as in LOVE term, you will now knowing yourself on what are the things you love the most – from simple to complex things. Finally, the HATE term, I had think of the things that I hated the most, something I dislike intensely. These three things will give you hint on thinking of what business you will have and its nature in the future. These factors will help me decide to what business I will engage someday.

Last of all is the inspiring quote of Steve Jobs when he had made speech on one of the finest universities of the world – the “Stay Foolish, Be Humble.!” Says there that we should not stop or limit ourselves to learn new things, we should be open to learn things beneath the limit. And even though that we had learned a lot, we should not be humiliate and try to think that we need more because in learning there are neither boundaries nor limitations. Learning is a long process and has no end. It only implies that never stop searching for a new ideas, new discoveries and new innovations. A process of learning never stop, it’s an unending and undying process of education for us individuals. Until you still have life and still breathing, never stop – never limit you only in one place. As long as there is still a time for evolving, why not grab it and fight for it. Regardless of the age we have, it’s not the hindrance to continue learning. The “Stay Hungry” means to me that stay hungry to know things, to face new ideas and “Stay Foolish” to understand new things. But when time comes that you, yourself know you knew a lot, Stay Humble – BE HUMBLE. Act as if you need more and act as if a lot more you are needed to know.


After all the things I learned, I can now have applications it on my life. The very first thing that I used to apply it is when we had a final project task to propose a proposal of techno-business. That was never easy as just simply proposing which is the Public Utility Bus with Machine or PUB WITH MACHINE, it does gone a long process, from defining what business should have especially when we made project in groups. It would be somehow hard a business proposal that all should be engage of or all should be interested with. From individual like to dislike, I can conclude that I had used most the result of personality traits. I had made adjustments to others just to settle up a good teamwork because I myself was there to have the project. We do the application of equality and good teamwork without discriminating others suggestions and proposals. In fact, we had group discussions and voting. From these, I can say that the things we learned while discussion Technopreneurship 1 has a great impact on our individual’s life. Especially in me which is learning deeply in terms of good communication with others.

No comments:

Post a Comment